OSHA relies on industry standards for evaluating safety compliance. ANSI standards say how to communicate safety information about potential hazards with signs. RFSigns.com signs are carefully designed to be compliant with these standards and ensure that sign formats and colors are correct.
Learn more about the features of RFSigns signs:
Just for fun, here is a mock safety sign with all of the features:
- RF Signs are designed to conform with:
- – ANSI Standard Z535.1-1998 Safety Color Code
- – ANSI Standard Z535.2-1998 Environmental and Facility Safety Signs
- – ANSI / IEEE Standard C95.2-1999 IEEE Standard for Radio-Frequency Energy and Current-Flow Symbols
ANSI Standard Formatting
Our signs have the correct ANSI formatting for safety signs:
- RFSigns complies with ANSI Standard Z535.2-1998 Three-Panel Sign Format.
- 1) Color Signal Word Panel
- 2) Message Panel
- 3) Safety Symbol Panel
Signal-Word Color Panel
Our signs have a Signal-Word in a color band across the top:
|RFSigns uses ANSI Standard Z535.1-1998 'Safety Red' for the background color of the signal word on DANGER signs indicating an imminently hazardous situation.|
|RFSigns uses ANSI Standard Z535.1-1998 'Safety Orange' for the background color of the signal word on WARNING signs indicating a potentially hazardous situation.|
|RFSigns uses ANSI Standard Z535.1-1998 'Safety Yellow' for the background color of the signal word on CAUTION signs indicating a potentially hazardous situation.|
|RFSigns uses ANSI Standard Z535.1-1998 'Safety Blue' for the background color of the signal word on NOTICE signs indicating a statement of company policy.|
Message Panel with 3 Key Facts
Our signs have a MESSAGE PANEL addressing the following three key safety facts:
- 1) What is the hazard?
- 2) What is the potential consequence of the hazard?
- 3) What action to take to avoid the hazard?
Our signs use symbols that clearly convey a specific alerting message:
Click here to read more about signs and standards.
- RFSigns.com signs are durable:
|RFSigns are rust proof .040" aluminum signs with white background finish on front and back. Outdoor inks are further protected with a UV coating to ensure a long life under extreme conditions.|
- RFSigns.com signs are sized correctly for hazard communications:
According to ANSI standards:
- RFSigns have pre-drilled holes in all 4 radius corners.
One year 100% satisfaction guarantee. Return the sign for product replacement or money back. (Contact RFSigns.com for return authorization.)